Potato Chip Cookies




Chip Balls
Request from Tracy of Taylor, MI 


Tracy is a retired Bus Driver from Taylor, Michigan. She remembers the lunch ladies serving a cookie made with potato chips and was wondering if I could help her find that recipe. I was very eager to find this strange cookie and where better to find the recipe than in the Book of Cookies!


Good Housekeeping calls these salty treats, Chip Balls!  You know how they say don't judge a book by its cover, that holds true for this cookbook. I don't know about you, but the cookies in that picture do not look very good! What in the world are those over beaten thin cookies in the back?  Is that powdered sugar or flour?  And how can they not cut a perfect circle? Not the prettiest presentation...just something I had to say.  This is the second recipe have I made from this book. The first was Susan's Brownies and those were de-lish! Recipe for those here
--> https://peachbetty.blogspot.com/2020/02/happy-valentines-day.html



This recipe was very easy to make. It's just like a sandy butter cookie. The dough was a little crumbly but we kept mixing until it stuck together. I was expecting these to be salty and flavorful, but I was wrong. They really didn't have much flavor. It was just a butter cookie. The chips didn't even make them salty. I was determined to make these better so I tried again with my own alterations.  

1 c butter
1/2 c BROWN SUGAR
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 TEASPOON SALT
2 1/2 c flour
1/2 c potato chips
1/2 c TOASTED PECANS
1/2 c chocolate pieces or
PEANUUT BUTTER CHIPS

These changes made all the difference, and if you are a peanut butter lover, I highly suggest you try pushing some Reese Pieces into your chip balls.

You can give both recipes a try and see which you like best! I would love to hear what you think!

What can I discover for you next?


xoxo






Share:

Post a Comment

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Blogger Themes