Thumbprint Cookies

Just Like Grandma's
Request from Monica, Bloomfield, MI



This week's recipe request was for thumbprint cookies just like Grandma used to make. Monica, along with her super adorable baby, Winslet, asked Peach to help her bring back a little taste of the holidays by finding this very special recipe. There was no way I was letting her down. Just look at that precious little baby face!

A thumbprint cookie, to me, has always been a butter cookie rolled in walnuts and filled with your favorite jam. I assumed that thumbprint cookies were typically made for Christmas parties because they are such a beautiful cookie. Looking through multiple holiday baking books I noticed that the thumbprints made for Christmas were called cocoroons and had coconut in the dough. This was not what I was looking for.

Moving on from my Christmas recipe theory, I flipped through my books dedicated to only cookie recipes. This is where I found them. Jewel Cookies are their fancy name, imprinted with your thumb or a thimble, rolled in nuts, baked and filled with raspberry jam. The winning recipe came from McCall's Cookie Collection. 



I adore the illustrations in this book. It has the sweetest children dancing throughout the pages and around the recipes. I think the cover does not do it justice. Those cookies on the front cover look delicious, but I would have never expected to find these adorable illustrations inside.



This recipe is delicious! The butter cookie melts in your mouth and has so much flavor with the toasted walnuts and tart jam. They are a winner in my book and Sullivan couldn't stop eating them!




Monica and Winslet, I hope these are just as good as you remember! Enjoy!




xoxo


Share:

Post a Comment

Designed by OddThemes | Distributed by Blogger Themes